NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS AT 12:00:00 AM ET ON 9/3/2013 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM ET ON 9/16/2013. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM ET ON 9/16/2013.
1. HOW TO ENTER: This sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is brought to you by Asylum (the "Sponsor") and Family Video (the "Judge") and is governed by these rules (the "Official Rules"). You may enter one of three ways: (1) Family Video Online Photo Entry: Between Midnight (12:00:00AM) ET on 9/3/2013 and 11:59:59 PM ET on 9/16/2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period"), for every "Getting Eaten by a Shark"-themed photo that features you and/or your guest posted to your Twitter or Instagram account, while including 3 tags: "#Sharknado2GetEaten", "@FamilyVideo", and "@SharkNadoFilm", you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes ("#Sharknado2GetEaten" must be a properly working hashtag and "@FamilyVideo" must link to Family Video's official account); (2) Family Video Rental Entry: Each time you rent a Sharknado DVD or Blu-ray using your Family Video Membership at participating Family Video stores, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (each, a "Family Video Membership Entry") (if you do not have a Family Video Membership, you may obtain one free of charge by visiting any Family Video store and completing the required steps; and (3) Family Video Purchase Entry: for every order you place on FamilyVideo.com that contains a Sharknado DVD or Blu-ray from Asylum, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (each, a "Family Video Membership Entry") (if you do not have a Family Video Membership, you may obtain one free of charge by visiting any Family Video store and completing the required steps. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59PM ET ON 9/16/2013. No incomplete, forged or altered Online Entries will be accepted. Limit: one (1) entry per person per calendar day. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: This Sweepstakes has one (1) drawing (the "Drawing"). Winner in the Drawing will be determined in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period within approximately one (1) week after the end of the Entry Period. The Drawing will be conducted by representatives of Family Video (the "Judge"). Winner will be notified by message through their Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook account, by phone call to the number provided on the Family Video membership account that was used to rent the Sharknado DVD or Blu-ray, or by e-mail used to purchase the Sharknado DVD or Blu-ray.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize: a trip for two (2) to the movie set of "Sharknado 2: The Second One" in New York including round-trip airfare, 3-night stay at hotel of Sponsor's choosing, transportation from airport to hotel, hotel to the movie set, as well as return trips, meals of Sponsor's choosing, and walk-on "cameo" roles in the film. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $3000. All prize details, including but not limited to details of walk-on role, its screentime, and whether the scene is included in the final film, are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the Drawing. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible entries). Actual trip and shooting dates will be determined at a later date, but will take place between November 2013 and March 2014. Limit: one (1) prize per Drawing per household. Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Taxes and fees, if any, are the responsibility solely of winners.
4. ELIGIBILITY & CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes open to individual legal residents of the 50 U.S. and District of Columbia, age 18 or older as of 9/3/2013 except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor, and their immediate family members, respective affiliates, agents and advertising and promotion agencies. All entrants should expect, as with any public posts, that their photo entries and likenesses therein, can and will be reposted, manipulated, and used by other entities and users of social media. All photo entries submitted to the contest in accordance to "HOW TO ENTER" above, become property of Family Video and may be used in (but not limited to) promotional messaging and imagery through e-mails, social media posts, and site ads. Winners of the Grand Prizes including his or her guest, will all work with a representative of Sponsor to plan the trip. The trip itinerary will be subject to approval by Sponsor, including air transportation, which shall begin and end with the major airport closest to winner's residence, ground transportation from the airport to hotel and back. Transportation to winner's closest major airport is their sole responsibility. The approximate retail value of the entire prize cannot exceed $2000.00 and the trip must be completed no later than 12/31/2014. Sponsor and Judge, at their sole discretion, may chronicle winners' planning and trip experiences on its web site and/or through other media. Once booked, travel arrangements may not be changed. In the event of the cancellation or delay of any or all parts of the prize, a replacement prize may be given at Sponsor's sole discretion. Travel and hotel accommodations are subject to availability. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the trip description above, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, travel/cancellation insurance, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If guest is a minor, legal guardian may need to accompany the guest on the trip. Airfare of minor's legal guardian is NOT included in the Grand Prize and may not be compensated by Sponsor or Judge. Travel restrictions, blackout dates, conditions and limitations may apply. All winners are given a tour of the movie set, and are considered active participants of the tour to appear on film. Sponsor and Judge are not responsible if any activity or flight is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, and no substitution will be provided except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Cancellation insurance is not part of the prize, but is recommended (must be arranged privately by winner). Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual values may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winners will not receive the difference between actual value of prize selected and maximum value set forth herein. Sponsor and Judge are not responsible for any weather conditions, travel or movie cancellations, delays or postponements. If winner is unable to travel by the date specified, prize will be forfeited. If any prizewinner is determined to be a minor in his/her jurisdiction, prize will be awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian who will be responsible for the taxes associated therewith. All of the prizes from the Sweepstake(s) are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor or as otherwise stated in these Official Rules. No cash equivalent or exchange of prize is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value for any reason. By submitting a prize claim, a winner agrees (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) to allow use of his or her name, addresses (city, state), voice, likeness, biographical information photographs and/or videos (and for trip winners, travel information related to the trip) for advertising, trade, marketing, publicity, publicity, and/or final film purposes in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation, unless prohibited. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Any differences between stated approximate retail value and actual value of a prize will not be awarded. Trip winner and the winner's guest will be sent a Winner's Agreement and Release and Travel Release, which must be signed and returned by date specified in notification letter or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event of noncompliance, a winner's prize will be automatically forfeited. If for any reason either of the promotions are not capable of running as planned; or if a promotion becomes corrupted or does not occur in accordance with these full Official Rules for any reason; or if tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or any portion thereof, without obligation. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these full Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION(S). SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: Each winner will be required to verify their information. Prize may be awarded to alternate winner if verification is not received within 14 days after notifying winner or if prize is returned as undeliverable. Any prize won by a minor may be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each winner agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law, any such use with respect to a minor to be subject to prior approval of his/her parent or legal guardian.
6. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Delaware. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Sponsor not responsible for late, lost, damaged, postage due, stolen, incorrect, misdirected, misplaced, garbled, misaddressed entries/mail or communications, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, Sponsor and judges not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict access from any IP address if suspicious activity is detected. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on www.FamilyVideo.com/Sharknado and a random drawing will be conducted by the Judge from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his/her Sweepstakes entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant (i) releases, relingquishes, acquits and forever discharges the Sponsor, Family Video and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or demands that such entrant may now have or ever have with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes and (ii) accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Judge and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting prize, each winner agrees to release Sponsor, Family Video and their respective directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, claim, loss, demand or damages, that such winner may now have or ever have, arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity.
7. WINNER: Karla K., West Columbia, SC
8. SPONSOR: Asylum
9. QUESTIONS: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.