Predict this year's Oscar® winners and you could win a $50 Family Video gift card and an Oscar® Movie Prize Pack! (Limit one entry per person; See below for Official Rules.)
"OSCAR®," "OSCARS®," "ACADEMY AWARD®," "ACADEMY AWARDS®," "OSCAR NIGHT®," "A.M.P.A.S.®" and the "Oscar" design mark are trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
No purchase necessary. Despite our low prices and getting awesome movies, a purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00:00 AM ET ON 02/01/2016 AND ENDS AT 19:00:00 PM ET ON 02/28/2016. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 19:00:00 PM ET ON 02/28/2016.
1. HOW TO ENTER: You must be 18 years or older to enter. This contest (the “Contest”) is brought to you by Family Video and is governed by these rules (the “Official Rules”). The Contest is NOT sponsored in any way by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. You may enter by filling out a ballot above. You must choose one nominee per category and click "Submit" for your entry to be submitted. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 19:00:00 PM ET ON 02/28/2016. No incomplete, forged or altered Online Entries will be accepted. Limit: one (1) entry per person. All entries become the exclusive property of Family Video and will not be returned. Any submissions are subject to disqualification at Family Video's sole discretion, for reasons of, but not limited to, multiple, fraudulent or computer generated submissions, forgery, "gaming the system", cheating, etc.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Contest will be conducted by representatives of Family Video (the “Judge”). The Contest has five (5) “Grand Prize packs” and twenty (20) “Runner-Up” prizes to be awarded. All eligible entries received for the Contest will be given a score, as determined by sum of point values for each correct guess in their respective category (as outlined in the ballot). In the event of a tie in any prize tier, the ballot that was submitted the closest to 12:00:00 AM ET on 02/01/2016 will have the highest advantage. Winners will be notified by e-mail by the e-mail address provided on their official entry form. The Judge will make a reasonable number of attempts to contact prize-winners. If a prize-winner does not respond to confirm their information within 2 weeks of the Judge's first attempt, the prize-winner will be disqualified and another winner will be selected.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: Odds of winning depend upon the number and results of eligible entries received for the Contest. A maximum of 15,000 entries will be accepted for this contest. If the maximum allowed entries is reached, the contest will be closed from further entries. Five (5) Grand Prizes: Each a bundle consisting of 5 Oscar®-winning and/or Oscar®-nominated movies of Family Video's choice, and a $50 Family Video gift card. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $200. Oscar®-winning movies will be provided by FamilyVideo.com. Twenty (20) Runner Up Prizes: Each a $10 Family Video gift card. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $10. All prize details, including but not limited to make/model of prize components, are determined by Family Video in its sole discretion. Twenty-five (25) prize packs in total will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible entries). Please allow 6-8 weeks after winner's verification for delivery of prizes. Limit: one (1) prize per household. Family Video reserves right to substitute prizes of equal, or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Family Video is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of winners. If a winner selected resides in Canada, the winner may need to complete a mathematical skill-testing question to be deemed a winner.
4. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. Ballots are free to fill out and submit. Sweepstakes open to individual legal residents of the 50 U.S. and District of Columbia, and individual legal residents of Canada, age 18 or older as of 02/01/2016, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Family Video and their respective affiliates, agents and advertising and promotion agencies.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Each winner will be required to verify their delivery information (address). If a winner selected resides in Canada, the winner may need to complete a mathematical skill-testing question to be deemed a winner. Prize may be awarded to alternate winner if verification is not received within 14 days after first attempt of notifying the winner or if prize is returned as undeliverable. Each winner agrees to Family Video’s use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law, any such use with respect to a minor to be subject to prior approval of his/her parent or legal guardian.
6. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Delaware. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Family Video is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, postage due, stolen, incorrect, misdirected, misplaced, garbled, misaddressed entries/mail or communications, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, Family Video and judges not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Family Video reserves the right to restrict access from any IP address if suspicious activity is detected. Family Video disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Family Video’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Family Video reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Family Video’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on www.familyvideo.com/oscars and a random drawing will be conducted by the Judge from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Family Video reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his/her Sweepstakes entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Family Video or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant (i) releases, relinquishes, acquits and forever discharges Family Video and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of the Family Video and the Sweepstakes from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or demands that such entrant may now have or ever have with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes and (ii) accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Judge and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting prize, each winner agrees to release Family Video and their respective directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, claim, loss, demand or damages, that such winner may now have or ever have, arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity.
7. WINNERS LIST: Winners’ names will be posted at www.familyvideo.com/oscars after selection and verification of winners.
8. QUESTIONS: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All trademarks are property of their respective owners. "OSCAR®," "OSCARS®," "ACADEMY AWARD®," "ACADEMY AWARDS®," "OSCAR NIGHT®," "A.M.P.A.S.®" and the "Oscar" design mark are trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. This contest is not sponsored by The Academy of Motion Pictures in any way.